19josh76

Whats the difference between a 1302 and 1303?

0-60mph in 15min, Keep honking buddy I am reloading......... (o/|\o) Josh
Quote 0 0
68autobug

Hi,

The 1302S Supers had flat windscreens and flat dashes, virtually the same as non super beetles.

All 1302S & 1303S had Mcpherson strut front suspensions.

The 1303S had the large panoramic curved windscreen and a proper car dash.

the air vents in front of the windscreen were in the bonnet on a 1302S but they were in the body of the 1303s..

thats all I can think of at present..

Lee Noonan -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
19josh76

Thanks Lee. I thought the difference was the windshields just wasnt for sure?

0-60mph in 15min, Keep honking buddy I am reloading......... (o/|\o) Josh
Quote 0 0
flash

Having owned a standard flat windshield bug and my current Super I know some differences between the standard Bug and a Super.  Besides the obvious differences that a Super can turn in a three foot smaller circle due to the different struts.  A Super rides smoother and is quieter in general.  I have always felt it has more leg room and head room, although that may not be the case.  Might just be that the curved windshield gives you a roomier feel.  I am six foot  four inches tall and have no problem feeling cramped.  Another difference with my year Super in the Computer jack in the engine compartment for diagnostic check ups.  Also, there's a buzzer system that informs you if you and/or your front passenger's seat belts aren't in use.

Between the two I'll take the Super over the earlier models any day.  By the way, I take some flak from the younger guys here in the DHP (Dry Heat Panzers) VW club as they think Super Beetles are 2nd class to say the least.  Most of the cars in the club are pre 1967.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0