flash
If you read this month's (September 2004) Spotlight you'll note that I like to add accessories to my 73 Super "The Blues." Since those photos were taken I've added whitewall tires and painted the armrest and door openers blue. I then added the chrome that you'll note in the attached photo.
Like I was telling one of our members just the other day...no matter what you do to your bug...there's always one that makes yours look like a Tijuana Taxi! All you can do is the best you can with the funds and the situation you're in at this stage of your life. You know...the wife, kids (braces etc.), mortgage, food and so forth. I had $500.00 rat-holed for new upholstery carpet etc. when my 28 year old daughter moved back home with her 3 cats and a money problem. I guess you know the rest of this story. The upholstery is on hold for awhile. Such is life.
Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
Wayne
I've never seen an armrest with a chrome strip on it like that before. It actually looks pretty cool. Where are you going to purchase your interior from?
Quote 0 0
flash
I went to a local upholstery shop and he quoted me $525 for all the seats and carpet. This wouldn't be seat covers like I have now.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
Quote 0 0
Wayne
That seems like a pretty fair price for all the seat covers and carpet. Are they going to reproduce the original seat covers for you? Are you you planning on changing the door panels as well?
Quote 0 0
flash
The door panels are in good shape a nice pale blue as you can see in the photo spotlighted with the chrome stripped arm rest. I'm looking for something with the seats in a two tone blue that will really jump out at you yet classy. Going to see if he can emboss some musical notes on the head rests. Which reminds me...I wrote out the first 4 bars of "Birth of The Blues" and have been trying to figure away to transfer the notes across the back windshield. I ran blue narrow pin-striping tape ... 5 strips a little less than 1/2" apart...this simulates the 5 lines of music. Seems like placing the notes..treble cliff sign etc. would be easy. not so....1st you have to get the notes rests etc cut out of a sticky back vinyl. If my ship ever comes in..I'll have a professional sign outfit make them.
Loren R. Knapp
Quote 0 0
Tobra
How about getting your design on a piece of clear vinyl, then you have a single piece to contend with, instead of a bunch of little scraps
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0
flash
I've been rollin' your idea around and there maybe something to that! I'll keep you posted and put up a picture if completed.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
Quote 0 0