organcory
I have thoroughly cleaned my carbie. I am now getting gas everywhere I am supposed to, I hope. The engine turns over but will not start? I took the plugs off to verify everything was good, and had to change the gap on the number one plug. I also took the old belt off, because it was loose and I put a new one on with additional shims, thinking that this would help. Any ideas out there?
Cory Organ
West Columbia, SC
1972 Super Beetle - "THE BUG"
1966 Ford Mustang
Quote 0 0
organcory
Hey how is everyone doing? I stay confused now a days. I purchased a used H30/31 Pict carburetor with an adapter to fit a 1972 Super Beetle this weekend and cleaned it up real good and rebuilt it with a rebuild kit. I put it in and no gas in the the throat of the carburetor. It gets gas to the bowl of the carb, but doesnt seem to get to where it needs to go. I sprayed every hole down that I could see with carb cleaner and soaked it real good. Do you have any ideas? I am going to be taking it off tonight to check everything out. Is there any secret passages in the carb that I need to make sure are cleaned out?
Cory Organ
West Columbia, SC
1972 Super Beetle - "THE BUG"
1966 Ford Mustang
Quote 0 0
Wayne
Did you read the carb article in Tech Talk with Rick? He shows you how to perform basic carb maintenance. It's article number 5 in the Tech section.
Quote 0 0
Cory...

Facing the carb on the right side just below the auto choke & just above the linkage in the picture attached to this post. It's a little hard to see but there is a small screw. I once had a problem like yours & I was told to take that screw out and spray it with some carb cleaner inside there. That sometimes you can get a tiny bit of stuff in there that will mess you up. All I can say is it worked for me. Just a thought & just maybe...Good Luck....Ed

P.S. click on attachment to enlarge
Quote 0 0
javajuice
carb may have not been rebuildable to begin with. or try the aformentioned poster's suggestion, cleaning and reuilding a carb it is still possible that somthing may clear one part of the carb only to get stuck elsewhere.
formerly 1973 Super Beetle: Bugpack quick shift, Bug pack hide a way, TMI light grey tweed seat upholstery, a decreasing amount of grey primer ;)
Quote 0 0