hurley209
SO HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS RAN A LITTLE NEGATIVE CAMBER UP FRONT FOR MORE TIRE CLEARANCE?

IS IT A BAD IDEA?
ID LIKE A TINY BIT MORE FENDER CLEARANCE
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
Absolutely not. You'll ruin your handling, not to mention your tires. If you need a little scrub room try rolling the fenders out a bit. Is this a super or a standard? (I forget, sorry).
Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
hurley209
its a super :-)

so roll them out?
not in?
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
No, not in. If you roll the fender lips in, you're taking them closer (or into contact) with your tires. Roll them out (flare them slightly at the lips to give yourself a little breathing room.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This may not work. Depending on your wheel, tire, and suspension combo, you may have to get flared fenders to get your car down and not rub. There are 2"-5" fibreglass flared fenders available, or you can do it in metal if you're handy with a welder. You can cut in your own flares and make them all metal, all day

Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
Chisel86
A little negative camber will help your handling a lot. If you can run about -1degree, you should be fine. I don't think it will be enough to give you more tire clearance because if you do it any more, your car will be very unstable during braking and you will wear your tires and wheel bearing out real quick.

If you want to try rolling your fenders, take the inner lip (that sticks in towards the tire) and bend it up and inside the fender. Rolling a softball bat against the tire and the fender works well for this.

Mod at [url=http://www.superbeetlesonly.com]SuperBeetlesOnly.com[/url]
Quote 0 0
hurley209
thanks for the input, but i got all this sorted out. plus with the new wheels the tire sits flush with the inside of the fender..

but thanks for the help.. ive learned alot
Quote 0 0