hurley209
hey guys, im getting some euro blade bumpers and the place im getting the from doesnt have it for the rear, can i use a front blade for the rear?
im guessing it doesnt really matter right?
Quote 0 0
kafertoys

the front and rear are very different and will not interchange

saving as many as I can
Quote 0 0
YELLRHD
Josh,
As I stated in one of my earlier replies it has been done with super beetle bumper but I'm not sure on the blade type.

Also a big hint to keep things easier to follow try to post your questions in only the area that applies for instance this one should be in the "body section of the forum" doing this makes it easier for you to see all the replies to your question and keeps the moderators off your back.

Gerry
Quote 0 0
68autobug

the front and rear blade bumpers are VERY different...

the rear blade bumper curves around the rear of the body

the front blade bumper - is nearly straight across the middle and then a gentle curve...

it could be fitted - nothing is impossible...
but it would need some modifications to the mounting holes/bracket..

Now fitting a rear bumper on the front...
now that wouldn;'t work at all... as the center of the bumper would be a long way from the body...

I would say it could be fitted OK...
NOT just a bolt on though...
probably New brackets,.
[I see some shops sell the old bumper to late model brackets]

its just that it wouldn't curve from one fender to the other.

but then who takes notice... and its your car...  lol

cheers

LEE

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
1971BugGuy
The rear bumper has a far greater arc than the front bumper.  Some guys with widened fenders run a front bumper on the rear in combination with front mounts so there is no clearance issue at each end of the bumper.  IMHO it never seems to look quite right but it does keep the bumper tucked in much closer to the body.
Only a fool or a child would judge a project before its completion.
Quote 0 0