hurley209

hey guys, im getting some euro blade bumpers and the place im getting the from doesnt have it for the rear, can i use a front blade for the rear?
im guessing it doesnt really matter right?

Quote 0 0
68autobug

wrong

there is a BIG difference in front and rear bumpers..

the rear bumper is a large curve

the front bumpers are not...

Not to say You cannot fit a front super blade bumper to the rear of a beetle

nothing is impossible..
just  a darn sight Harder..

Lee

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
hurley209
i found a rear! wohoo!
i got them delivered and put them on the bug.. all it took was some custom fabricating of the original bracket. looks sweet!
Quote 0 0
blur

Pics?

Quote 0 0
hurley209
YA IL POST THEM, LET ME JUST GET THEM INTO MY PC TODAY..
ALSO IF YOU WANT I CAN TAKE PICS OF HOW I MODIFIED MY BUMPERE BRACKETS FOR YOUR REFERENCE SINCE YOUR TRYING TO DO SOMETHIN SIMILAR..
LET ME KNOW I CAN EMAIL THEM TO OR POST THEM..
Quote 0 0
hurley209

heres the pix.. hopefully they uploaded correctly.. i posted pix of the new bumpers and a pic of the brackets.

as you can see, the brackets are pretty simple.

ps: i will be receiving flat low profile tail light lenses this week! whoohhhhooooo!! the ones i have are peeling..lol..sorry, just thought id brag

Quote 0 0
Chanbob
Looks really good. The more I see that style bumper on Supers the more I like it.
Quote 0 0
hurley209
HEY, THANKS ABUNCH.!
adapting them was a real fun little project.
since these pix my super looks alot different tho. new paint, wheels,etc,,
but those bumper will definately stay. i think it makes it look alot more custom and like a sporty classic..
Quote 0 0
Chanbob
We are looking at the Mid america Mexico style. My wife is the driver of our bug and wants fog lights put in bumper holes. So I get to build a bracket. Yay for welding and cutting
Quote 0 0
hurley209
OOO!
those are gonna look sweet! she has good taste.!
but now im jealous. i have nothing to weld and cut.
its the funnest part. then you get to sit back and say, "I did that".
you should post some pix when you do it.
Quote 0 0