Tobra
Who is going, I think it is the first weekend in September?
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0
flash
Where is it?
Thanks.
Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
Tobra
Sacramento Raceway, a 2-3 day affair
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0
Tobra
Did a little scouting around, there is a Marriot at Sunrise and Hwy 50 that is hotel they refer you to, and a holiday inn across the street. At Zinfandel and 50 ther are several places, Courtyard Marriot, Amerisuites, Wyngate and Best Choice. All these are big chains, so are probably expensive. Here are a few places that are within 10-15 minutes of Sacto Raceway, and have cheap prices on their signs.

First Value Inn(listed under motels if searching)
10271 Folsom Blvd 916-362-5800
$34.95

Cordova Inn(listed under hotels if searching)
10701 Folsom Blvd 916-631-0373
$39.95

Best Choice(listed under hotels if searching)
10750 Olxon Dr(Zinfandel and 50) 916-638-2500
$49.00

these three I have listed have kitchenettes available as I understand it, the others should be easy enough to locate on the net as they are large chains. There is not a dam thing right by the racetrack, hotel or restaurant etc, keep in mind that there is a large decommissioned AFB just north(Between Jackson Hwy/Hwy 16 and US 50 if you are looking on a map) of Sacto Raceway on Mather Field Road that sort of complicates navigation a bit

Quote 0 0
Precise1
Thanks for the good info Tobra. I may go with a shopping list of Misc parts...

Bernard
Measure twice; Cut once....
Quote 0 0
Tobra
If you get over early enough you could swing byGerman Parts Warehouse they have a LOT of stuff
Quote 0 0