Dobbin_Pitch
In a nut-shell.... I haz one, do I haz the other? Let me elaborate: I bought my '74 Super and have little to no info on its pedigree, so it falls to me to crawl all over it and begin to learn of what it is composed. I found that I DO NOT  have engine code numbers under the alternator stand, as I was informed I should have. This indicates, according to certain posts, that this is because my engine is an AS-41. Okay. Mine is also Brazillian, apparently, though I am not %100 on that aspect. Mayhap I'm just reading the oil sump and THAT is Brazilian. I don't know. Anyway, what I really want to know is, do I have case savers? I've found info that says that '74s were issued with them, and I'm wondering if all cases made after 74 came with them standard, or if only the Germans did and all other manufacturers skimped. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Buying a $400 Super Beetle is like picking up a random stranger at a bar... you never know how it will turn out but it's an exciting adventure, no matter what!
Quote 0 0