Hello...Eagerly looking for a set of ( maybe two sets of ) chrome bumpers for my 1974 Euro Super Beetle.. Over here I can find Brasilian bumpers which I do not prefer at all. At cip1.com , I have found few alternatives but the best one is out of their stock ( that is by Jopec of Denmark ). Anyone here heard of Italian made chrome bumpers? I think of buying directly from them but I can not find their contact details..Any help????  Thanks

Quote 0 0
Wayne

Have you considered re-chroming your original bumpers? I had mine triple-chromed for about $500.00 with a lifetime warranty. You really can't beat the German quality.

Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
I'm with Wayne on this one. I've got a very nice set of repop bumpers on my '66, but when you get them up next to a set of OG German bumpers and really start looking, they don't compare. I'm actually going to go the exact same route and have my OG bumpers massaged and re-plated (along with my 5 spokes). Yes, no one but a well informed VW person would ever be able to tell the difference, but to me it's worth every penny.
Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
68autobug
Bossy97,
When you say Over here...
where are You located??

I haven't seen any Italian bumpers in Australia
Brazillian or German...
although there are many different quality Brazillian bumpers..
I have one on the rear of My Beetle for 2 years...
and it still looks OK...
but I do wax it every week..   lol...

but its made from very thin metal compared to the original...

Many body parts are made in Italy and denmark...
check the UK VW magazines...

cheers

Lee

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
Thank you all for comments. I am located in Turkey , Istanbul.
I once thought re-chroming was the best way but I soon learnt that this job needs high skills and technique which is not available here. I have seen messy jobs so far. German bumpers are 2.2 mm thick , even 1.8 is good for replacement where Brasilian bumpers are around 1.2 mm !!!!
Quote 0 0
OK found the company at last...   http://www.unicar.it

Quote 0 0