sup73bk

Does anybody know if they have air scoops for front brakes?  Do you think you could use the ones from an older gti?  My friend had an 80's gti with these boot things that scooped air and blew it on the front brakes?

1972 1302S
dual 34 icts,Pertronix Points,Corbeau Seats, GT Exhaust, Lower front and rear sway-bars, Strut tower bar, Jacob's Elec. Ign., Empi Shifter, Front Disc Brakes & SS Brake Lines

1973 Squareback (1776cc, dual 40mm)
Quote 0 0
Ryan

Disks don't need them since the car doesn't weigh enough.  If you're having problems with fade I'd ditch the drums and make the switch.  Check out http://www.toplineparts.com/ for the best conversion kits.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0
sup73bk

dude I got disks in the front, but I swear I get some fade.  So you are saying that since the car doesn't way much that their is no way you could have brake fade?  It doesn't happen often, but on a hot day doing a lot of braking, I swear I get it.

1972 1302S
dual 34 icts,Pertronix Points,Corbeau Seats, GT Exhaust, Lower front and rear sway-bars, Strut tower bar, Jacob's Elec. Ign., Empi Shifter, Front Disc Brakes & SS Brake Lines

1973 Squareback (1776cc, dual 40mm)
Quote 0 0
Ryan

It might be the pads you're using.  I know a few guys that race on road courses and don't have a problem with brake fade and discs.  I do think they are using vented rotors, but that's not unusual.  My rotors aren't vented and I haven't had any problems with fading even in harsh stop and go city traffic.  I'm not saying there's no way you can get brake fade, but if you are then I think you need to ease up on your driving style on city streets.  It takes quite a bit of stoplight racing for me to notice any change, and we're talking up and back from 80 or more between lights, a couple of times at least.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0