putz

Does anyone know if you can get original struts for a 74 super. My nephew bought a 74 super and the strut mount at the bottom sheared off at the bottom where it mounts to the spindle. Can this be repaired. If I use the struts from Cip1 that lower 2 to 4 inches

do they need to be lowered and if we do lower 2 inches will the tires interfere with the fenders.Thanks

Quote 0 0
blur

My suggestion is to call Jon at TopLine (toplineparts.com).  I like CIP but for something as important as suspension or brakes, I feel better about TopLine's quality of product.  Besides, Jon will know all of the right questions to ask in order to give you the right final answer.

Quote 0 0
hurley209
IM RUNNING ADJUSTABLE STRUTS, I LIKE THEM.. THE ONLY WAY YOU WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS WITH TIRE-FENDER, IS IF YOU ARE RUNNING WIDE TIRES OR TO TALL OF A TIRE. IF THE TIRES RUB A LITTLE BIT YOU CAN ROLL YOUR FENDERS AND THAT SOULD TAKE CARE OF IT...
AND FOR THE MOUNT, I THINK YOU CAN PROBABLY WELD IT BACK TOGETHER, JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD WELD ON THERE WHEN YOU DO IT.
Quote 0 0
kafertoys

I often buy from TOP LINE PARTS  I like there disc brake conversion kits and their maxi strut assemblies.  But be sure to let them know what tire size your using

saving as many as I can
Quote 0 0
Ryan
I've got a set of struts off a '74 Super that I'm looking to sell.  $50 + shipping cost to anywhere in the US.  They are in great shape and include the stock springs and inserts.  Reason for selling is that I upgraded to Toplines Maxx Struts.  If you're interested you can contact me through this site, email link or PM, or just respond here.
For that matter I've also got the same lowering struts that CIP1 sells (mine are from MA Motorworks) complete with Lowering springs, inserts, and HD 7/8" sway bar that I am also selling.  The struts, springs and inserts have less than 100 miles on them and are like new.  The sway bar has never been mounted.  If you're interested in a lowering kit, let me know. $175 for struts, springs, and inserts, $100 for the HD Sway bar.  That's $105 less than CIP1 lists them for, and I'll charge 'actual' shipping fees, not the "handling" fee that CIP is notorious for.

If you want seller feedback on me, Wayne (site owner) will vouch for me.  I'm a writer on this site and Asst. Admin at http://www.superbeetlesonly.com

--Ryan

Quote 0 0