matt167
I bought my '74 Wolfsburg SB about a week ago. I was more worried about the engine tin, and the engine, and never really checked the front end.. well I noticed the sway bar mounts that mount to the front of the car are rusted off and it allows the wheels to go forward or back however they want, as it seems the sway bar is used as a secondary support for the suspension.. can I make sway bar mounts that are a couple inches inboard of the originals, into the good clean metal there?

Quote 0 0
olspeed
Matt: while you just might be able to get away with remounting the sway bar mounts a little inboard the best thing to do would be to clean things up as best as possible and then weld in some new metal (even if you have to take it to the local welding shop) and remount the bar in it's original spot.
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
matt167
that is what I got thinking today. I got looking at it and re fabricating mounts in the original location won't be too hard being it's only that 1/2 round channel all the way from 1 side to the other..

I have a 110V Mig welder that should do the trick.. I'v also built a T bucket chassis with a stick welder.. so welding is no issue for me

Quote 0 0