I'll tell you this before I ask for help. I bought my 71 from a girl who knew as much as I did on VW's when she missed a truck payment and needed money. After she lost the key to the car she knocked 50 bucks off when i came back to buy it so I could get it towed. $350, a few tools, and about 5 mins later I was driving off in what turned out to be a '71-1302. Bigger problem than pans and quater repairs that I've got to do is the front hood. Looks like someone "choked" it off against a tree. So my question. Short of buying a used hood that I'll still have to work on sight unseen... Is there another "easier to find" hood that I could cut the lower section from and replace mine with. The first foot of the nose is all thats damaged, which is roughly filled with kitty hair and (gulp) bondo to make it work for now. SB hoods are scarce enough for 71-72 but I have a few crushers that call me whenever they get vw's for me to come scavange anything I can...which isn't much

Quote 0 0
ljohn

I have seen about 3 to 4 of these 71 Sb hoods available on this address http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ they do post pictures and you can ask for more pictures and dicker on the price . I bought a real nice original radio for my 73 Super,  Im thinking it would be easier to replace whole hood instead of cutting and trying to patch the peice in unless you are a pro body man.....Just a thought 

LJohn
Quote 0 0
ljohn

Just got off of the Samba site counted 9 hoods for your year Super.....

LJohn
Quote 0 0

Thanks, didn't even think about samba.

Quote 0 0