MistyAcres
I am new to the beetle. Can you upgrade the dash and the windshield in a 71 super beetle to the modern dash and curved windshield?
Thanks
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
Not without some very demanding body work, especially with the windshield.  The work needed is going to outweigh the benefits gained; besides, more people are looking to go back to the older dash as it is still possible to get pad components and such for them.
Quote 0 0
Wayne

The 1302 Super Beetle that you have has more of the original Beetle look so I'd stick with it.

Quote 0 0
BugMan

It'd be more economical for you to get a 73 and up super if you want the modern dash and curved windshield

Quote 0 0
olspeed
Why kill an old classic? the flat window 71 super was a limited run car. (I think they made a few in 72 also)   If you really want the later look with the curved windshield and dash it would be better to sell the 71 and buy a later model.
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
68autobug

olspeed wrote:
Why kill an old classic? the flat window 71 super was a limited run car. (I think they made a few in 72 also)   If you really want the later look with the curved windshield and dash it would be better to sell the 71 and buy a later model.
Olspeed

Yes, I agree..
the 73> 1303 Superbeetle is VERY different to the 1302 Super...
You would have to change everything from the front of the bumper to the dash... or the door hinges...

so, it would be much much easier to buy a 1303 Superbeetle..

The 1302 was 1971-72 Models... [VW Model years go from 1st August 1970 to 31st July 1972 ]
so the 1303 started as a 1973 model [VW model year starting at 1st August 1972 > ]

LEE

PS: the answer to Your question would really be NO   Lee

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0