Wayne

We just went for breakfast and I saw a '66 Beetle for sale in the back of a garage. Newish pans, four new fenders and everything is there. It would need paint, new interior panels and carpet. You could leave the paint the way it is with the red body and black fenders if you wanted to do a hood ride, if not you'd have to paint it. The guy is asking $1500 and I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll take a few pictures to post.

Wayne Dean
SuperBeetles.com
AllAirCooled.com
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
Definitely take some pics. Also find out if it runs and how the transmission is. Check for rust in the normal areas, but if it's got new pans on it that's a positive first step.
Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
Oh, heck!  I'd do it!  I mean, if it's in decent shape and just needs paint and interior, then you're home free!  That's an awesome price for a mid-Sixties Bug in decent shape!  Of course, I may be biased.
Dan

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
Hell. If you decide to pass on it, LMK. At that price if it's in decent shape it may be worth having hauled out here for the kidling

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
Wayne

It turns out that it's a 1965. Here are some pictures I took of it. I have to say that these pictures make it look pretty good. There is some rust where the right quarter meets the fender, but the bumpers are both new or re-chromed. If the motor and tranny are sound it wouldn't take much to put it on the road.

Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
wow, so is that 1500 CDN or US? I"d grab it if it's running and in that good a shape if I were you.

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
MLTigger

Buy it you can always use more bugs in your life <G>

Quote 0 0
Wayne
The sign in the window said $1500.00 and that would be in CDN dollars. So I'm sure you could probably knock off a couple of hundred or so. I'm going to call the owner tomorrow and see what's up. I noticed that the sign was all faded out so maybe it's been for sale for a while. Imagine if the guy said "give me $500 and it's yours". Kah-ching!

Now I have to see if I can kick my wife's Honda out of the garage for a while.
Quote 0 0
Wayne

It turns out that the sun had faded the price and the owner is asking $6500, but would take $5500. It's a second owner Beetle with original pans and 65,000 miles on it. It runs, is certified and has had over 5K invested in it. Oh well...

Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
CRAP!
Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0