northeaster79

what else has the same 4 bolt pattern as a 71sb,looking for some wider wheels for the back of mine and was wondering what else will fit?

Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
There quite a few aftermarket wheels for your ride, as well as adapter and spacer kits for many more.

Airkewld and cip1 both have a selection that should fit you

Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
68autobug

VW beetles have a unique stud pattern
so far as I know
no other wheels will fit a beetle
without using adapters..

You can buy alloy wide wheels for your beetle
from aftermarket VW shops or ebay

Lee

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

-
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
Sorry Lee, but in this instance that's not true. VW has had several bolt patterns over the years, and Porsche drums also fit. You can also order blank faced drums and drill your own stud pattern, making virtually every wheel a possibility. 71 super is 4x130mm I believe. Just in the vw aftermarket world that gives you everything from gas burners, centerlines and BRMS, to teledials rivieras, and turtlebacks.

Arikewld sells disc kits that have interchangeable faces for multiple bolt patterns as well.

Check out bugselecta for a cool little flash tool that will let you play with customizing your ride. They've got a pretty good selection of the common 4 lug wheels available to fit a SB.

Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
68autobug

Hi

He asked "what else has the same 4 bolt pattern for a 1971 Super?"

I don't know of any....   
4 x 130 - VW Beetles and type 3s [includes Karmann Ghias and Cabriolets]

Porsche has their 5 bolt pattern..
Porsche used the wide 5 early pattern on their 356 models.. [early beetle]

My Son has early chromed Porsche wheels on His 56 Beetle..

I don't think He was asking for alloy wheels or using adaptors

Lee

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

-
Quote 0 0
northeaster79

well I had bought another beetle for parts and it had a wide fender kit,with running boards and side scoups.looked like the white and grey car in the center of the mid america cataloge and my 8 spoke empis were to narrow for the rear,but I sold that whole car after picking a few other goodies of it for mine and I will just be buying one new fender for mine and leaving the body looking stock and using my exsisting wheels,but thanks you for the input just the same.I will take an info anyone will give me on these cars.

Quote 0 0
tboneveedub
Mine is a 72 Super Beetle 4 lug pattern and my wheels came off a Datsun 280zx 1157649_582610388470316_1460853992_n.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Dubmatix
Well it depends where you are too.  1970's/80s/90's Skoda (4x130) wheels are the same PCD! They were pretty common in Europe and the UK (and Eastern Europe and Russia too) at one time.  Harder to get these days though.  Google Skoda 4x130. 

[cool]
Quote 0 0
tboneveedub
I got these for $100.00 and repainted them they were red. I ordered the center caps from Datsun company.  I do know all 4x130 240zx 260zx and 280z wheels work on the beetle and Ghia wheels and Porsche 4 lugs. There are a lot of different type wheels that use this lug pattern.
Quote 0 0