Hi all Bearr here from Australia I need help I or should I say we have two Trikes with 2.1 ltr scat motors built here is Australia but I am having trouble with my motor it has been not firing correctly on 1 and 3 cylinders when I put the air fuel meter on it I can get the two front cylinders at 14.7 but the two back cylinders say No 1 I get 40 to 50 and no 3 I get 20's now I thought it was exaust valves so took it back to where they built the motors and the said it was the same and they did a valve job on it took a week and $1500 au picked it up rode home and it was worse than when I took it in, I found the following it's lack of power and the constant back firing from number 1 cylinder this morning I put the fuel meter over the 4 cylinders and these are the findings no 3 air fuel Ratio at idle 30 at 1000 rpm 16 no 4 air fuel Ratio at idle 12.1 at 1000 rpm 20 no 1 air fuel Ratio at idle 51 at 1000 rpm 60-70 no 2 air fuel Ratio at idle 12 at 1000 rpm 14 and no 1 constantly back firing at 1000 rpm these reading are worse than when I brought it to you I had 13.8 on 2 & 4 No 3 20 s No 1 40's
I went out and brought a compression tester and put it over the motor and found all cylinders around 150 lb cold so its not compression nor is it sucking air in So Guys what is my problem it has two Soles/Kadron Carbies a 009 electronic distributor bosh spark plugs 40 mm intake and 35.5 mm exaust Sainless steel valves and Chromoly seats and ideas let me know am desperate.
Bearr.

Quote 0 0
Ryan

If it's a Scat engine, I'd suspect the lifters were failing and you're losing lift at the valves.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0