maggiolo72
Time for me to check the wheel alignment since I have chanced some parts on the front struts.
Searched on internet and that should be my values:

Model Typ1 SB Year1971-75

Front wheels

° Caster 2° +/- 0.58 ° Camber 1° +/- 0.33-0.67 ° Front toe 0.5° +/- 0.25 ° Turning angle 20,0° /19.5° +/- 5

Rear

° Camber -1,33° +/- 0.67 ° Rear toe 0.0° +/- 0.25

For making the regulation I have to do this:

Front Caster : can't change the value
Front camber: Use the two elliptic bolt on the control arm bushing
Front Toe : screw or unscrew the tie rods
Turning angle : I have no idea

Rear camber: I have no idea
Rear Toe : I have no idea

I ask all this question because a friend of mine for his personal garage bought in a bid ( very very cheap 500€) an almost new 2015 computer for wheel alignment and we will going to have a look to my beetle next week...

Quote 1 0
Wayne
So you are looking for information on how to do the rear alignment?
Quote 0 0
maggiolo72
Both, I need a corfirm on my number and also on the procedures 🙂
Quote 0 0
Wayne
From the Super Beetles Only Facebook group:

“Front caster not adjustable without buying adjustable strut top plates and/or adjustable sway bar clamps...
Turning angle might be able to be slightly adjustable by playing with the steering stop bolts on the pitman and idler arms.  Rear toe adjust by loosening the 3 bolts that hold the control arm to the torsion plate and slide backwards or frontwards to adjust.”
Quote 0 0
Wayne
 The turning radius is not adjustable and is a result of the alignment. Here is a picture with the specifications you need. Hope this helps.  CF1D411B-EC23-4068-B4E9-309F0D8913B6.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
maggiolo72
Super, that's confirm my values...
Should I put some weight into the front bonnet ?
I read people speaking about 10kgs other one person or 80 kgs and so on.... 
Thank you so much.
Quote 0 0
MRM_SBO
maggiolo72 wrote:

Should I put some weight into the front bonnet ?

Why would you do this? Just curious.
SBO! Admin
Proud owner of "The Panda" and "Klaus"
Quote 0 0
Wayne
  Some people do that if the front is riding high. Better to adjust the rear plates to bring the back end up.
Quote 0 0
MRM_SBO
I would suggest new rear torsion bars and lowering the front with some adjustable struts. 😉
SBO! Admin
Quote 0 0
maggiolo72
MRM_SBO wrote:
I would suggest new rear torsion bars and lowering the front with some adjustable struts. 😉

oh no sorry I need it 100% original
Quote 0 0
maggiolo72
Wayne wrote:
  Some people do that if the front is riding high. Better to adjust the rear plates to bring the back end up.

Sorry I was asking during the test and alignment, if needs some weight on front... 
Quote 0 0
MRM_SBO
Ok gotcha. Half tank of gas and whatever you usually carry in your trunk, ie. spare tire, tools, etc. will be fine for alignment purposes.
SBO! Admin
Quote 0 0