how can i make 135hp out of 1.6l?
what kind of compresor should i put?
if posible from which car...?

Quote 0 0
Ryan

Again, how high is up?  There are a few different ways to make hp from fixed displacement size.  However that's a lofty goal for a stock stroke/bore engine if you intend to ever drive it on the street.  It would be a wind up toy.  What do you mean by compressor, are we talking forced induction?  Turbo, Blower, what???  Which car,, um, whatever car you put it in.  You've got to ask more specific questions to get specific answers.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0
Ryan wrote:

Again, how high is up?  There are a few different ways to make hp from fixed displacement size.  However that's a lofty goal for a stock stroke/bore engine if you intend to ever drive it on the street.  It would be a wind up toy.  What do you mean by compressor, are we talking forced induction?  Turbo, Blower, what???  Which car,, um, whatever car you put it in.  You've got to ask more specific questions to get specific answers.  --Ryan

i meant blower (sorry 4 my english) and yes i do intend to drive it daily
Quote 0 0
Ryan

To the best of my knowledge there is only one company that does a blower setup for aircooled VWs, Dick Landy Industries (AKA DLI).  I've seen maybe one of these EVER in my life.  Turbos are much more popluar for a small engine like this.  135 is more doable with a turbo, but that would still be really pushing a stock displacement engine.  Not to mention the shortblock would have to be built up stronger if you wanted it to live for a reasonable number of miles.  When you consider that the project might require a complete rebuild, then it's better to just build a larger engine anyways with turbo use in mind.  You'll end up with a much stronger setup making more power and lasting much longer.  Expect to spend some $$$.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0

hi, sorry you cant unless you change your setup, try to lower the compression ratio to 9.5, engle 110 cam, idf 40 dual carb,change the intake valve 40mm/exhuast 35mm, headers. this shoul give you a 120hp or even more. hope this help. you can beat those 1.6 hondas in a quarter of a mile thats for sure!

Quote 0 0
Ryan

You won't get 120 hp with that stuff in a 1600.  9.5:1 with a w-110 cam??  You must not live in a hot climate.  There's no way you could pull that off in the summer where I live.  --Ryan

Quote 0 0
dereke

have a look here! http://www.rallybugs.com/engtrans.htm

dereke
Quote 0 0

Don't forget that HP figure is from 1972, a grossly exaggerated figure taken from a method no longer used or considered reliable.

Quote 0 0